Re: Incorrect net address with hpropd/kinit on KDC

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 14:58:57 +0200, Love Hörnquist Åstrand proclaimed...

> Can you make sure the request doesn't go to 127.0.0.1/::1 and that is the
> cause of the error. This will happen if you have "127.0.0.1 name.of.kdc
> name" in your /etc/hosts.

This was actually the problem; there wasn't anything in hosts(5) file. Once
I got that all fixed up (adding both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses showed no
problems) things started working fine. I still can't get iprop to work on
OpenBSD --- the daemon will start but the client will silently exit with
connect problems. I thought it might have been an IPv6 problem, but when I
went to a v4-only configuration for testing, the same problem was present.