Re: Future of kerberised telnet, login, rsh, ftp?

>Just echoing that. I avoid using them as well, and we often run into
>difficulties porting these programs to our supported platforms. Their
>base code seems to be quite ancient, and ssh has supserseded all of
>their usefulness.

You're kidding, right?  What's hard about porting these programs?  I've
ported Kerberos to all sorts of wacky systems, and these things rarely
give me problems.

I'll give you login.krb5 can be kinda squirrly, but you don't need that
on the client side, and you could probably get away with invoking the
system login program from the server daemons (I don't, but that's because
I need to do a bunch of stuff at login time, and I have to run on systems
that don't support PAM).  Even my much-hacked login.krb5 hasn't been
too much trouble.

--Ken