Re: Future of kerberised telnet, login, rsh, ftp?

> As a relative newcomer to the kerberos world, I'm wondering what the
> future of tools like kerberised telnet, rsh, ftp and the like is.  It
> seems from my viewpoint that OpenSSH (with the gssapi mode) and things
> like pam_krb5 have taken over from these tools.

when using kerberised telnet, there's no clear text password exchange.
telnet requests a key from kerberos server and that communication is
encrypted.

as for pam_krb5, there's clear text password exchange between telnet and
server, only server<-->kerberos connection is encrypted.

so, I wouldn't consider telnet+pam_krb5 as replacement for kerberised
telnet.