Re: Turning off hostname canonicalisation

Take a look at the kafs man page in Heimdal 0.7.

Of course they use the library name as the application name in
krb5.conf.  I think that makes it pretty clear that a lot of the issues
have nothing to do with [{app,lib}defaults], but rather with
identifying varying defaults.

The two variables that may need to change defaults are realm, and
library version (which includes whether it's MIT or Heimdal).  The
latter should map to application name, if you have a good way to
identify the application name.

----