pkinit and krb5.conf [appdefaults] section

Hi,

While setting up krb5.conf for pkinit I was reminded of a recent
discussion in the thread titled "Re: Turning off hostname
canonicalisation" about what sort of things should end up in the
[appdefaults] section. I noticed the "pkinit-anchors =
OPENSSL-ANCHOR-DIR:/dir-to-client-trusted-ca-hashes" in the
[appdefaults] section. Is this used directly by kinit, or is it parsed
by the libs? If this is entirely parsed by kinit, does that mean that
any app designed to acquire credentials via the pkinit mechanism would
have to parse this(or a similar directive) manually? I'm thinking about
a pam module here(something that I may be looking into working on in the
near future.)

also if this is parsed by the client libs shouldn't it go into
[libdefaults]?

should this be coordinated with mit krbdev so that if/when they
implement some form of pkinit we don't wind up with 2 ways of doing
things? If this has all been discussed before I joined the list then I
appologize for not checking for archives.

-Matt