Re: Comments on LDAP support in heimdal

Love,

I've produced a couple of patches against Heimdal along the lines of
what we've just been discussing.  They're attached to this email.

(1) Changes to HDB driver loading semantics

The first patch changes hdb.c such that the application will exit with
an error if the specified HDB driver cannot be found.  The logic looks
like this:

  IF a driver has not been specified explicitly using driver: THEN
    driver = HDB_DEFAULT_DRIVER
  END IF

  IF we find a matching driver in our builtin list THEN
    use that driver
  ELSE IF we are able to load an appropriate dynamic module THEN
    use that driver
  ELSE
    exit with an error
  END IF

I think the semantics are a little more sane (we no longer need to
"guess" which hdb to use), and it still works just fine with
unqualified (no "driver:") dbnames. I'm not 100% positive about the
nomenclature you folks are using, so you may need to make some name
changes.

Let me know if this would break backwards compatability somewhere.

(2) Changes to default db-related paths

Patched lib/kadm5/context_s.c as discussed in my earlier email.

-- Lars

heimdal-lks-hdb.patch

heimdal-lks-default-filename.patch