Re: 2 fqdn

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:03:56 +0100
Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org> wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I have a stupid question, really.
> I have an OpenSSH server that has 2 interfaces. I authenticate to it
> with GSSAPI. This server runs an Heimdal KDC.
> All is working fine except one little annoyance: on the DNS, this server
> has 2 different fqdn that correspond to it's different interfaces.
> ie: 192.168.1.1 --> server.domain01.com
>      192.168.2.1 --> server.domain02.com

<snip>
> So, does anyone know if there's a way to use both hostnames and making
> GSSAPI works ?

Did you create both host/server.domain01.com@REALM.COM and
host/server.domain02.com@REALM.COM SPNs? Google for "multihomed kdc". No
doubt people have explored this issue before.

But I think a bigger problem with multihomed systems ingeneral is
this will be the services that only accept principals with a hostname
matching that of the primary name of the local machine. Ideally all
services would support the concept of virtual hosting but I seriously
doubt they do consistently. Ssh might though, I don't know.

Mike