[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problem with multiple realms/databases

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 08:50:01PM +0200, Love Hörnquist Ĺstrand wrote:

> I added you kpassed patch. Can you expand on the config_file.c patch do. I
> understand that it fixes the multi-realm case, but what is the root problem
> that it fixes ?

The database enumeration code in the daemons expect to see multiple
group bindings all named "database" each containing the definiton of a
single database.

When the current configuration parser encounters a group binding, it
searches the previously defined bindings, and if it finds one with the
same name, it reopens the old group instead of creating a new one.
This results in a single "database" group binding which mixes the
definitions of all databases.

The fix is to get rid of the search for an already-existing binding
having the same name, and always allocate a new group entry when a '{'
character is encountered.

You may get rid of get_new_entry() by adding a new parameter to
get_entry() to skip the name lookup, but I decided to send a solution
that modifies as little existing code as possible.


     MTA SZTAKI Computer and Automation Research Institute
                Hungarian Academy of Sciences

Digital signature