using kpasswd with ldap db (0.7.2)

My directory hold the kerberos db and was working great untill I
upgraded to 0.7.2
What stopped working was kpasswd. I can no longer change a users
password with it.
This is the error I get, which is output twice for each passwd change attempt:

[kpasswdd] Changing password for eric@MYDOMAIN.COM
[kpasswdd] kadm5_s_chpass_principal_cond: ldap_modify_s:
eric@MYDOMAIN.COM (dn=uid=eric,ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com) Type or
value exists: krb5EncryptionType: value #0 provided more than once

The only way I am able to use kpasswd to update passwords is by first
deleting the entry for krb5EncryptionType

Is this a known bug or possibly some configuration option I have
overlooked that fixes this?