Re: incompatibility with solaris gssapi implementation?

I don't know which version of openssh you're using, but it might help
to set the "PreferredAuthentications" option to "gssapi-with-
mic, . . ." in ssh_config (or ~/.ssh/config).  Does your openssh
support gssapi-with-mic, as opposed to just gssapi, as a userauth
mechanism?  (man ssh_config).

SPNEGO is now a supported GSSAPI mechanism, but apparently not yet in
the Solaris 10 gss implementation.  It lets you negotiate between
NTLMv2 and Kerberos (and maybe some other, insecure things that
shouldn't be implemented).

I don't know what configuration knobs you have for the gss
implementation used on your client.  In theory, the Solaris 10 server
should tell the client that it doesn't support SPNEGO as a gss
mechanism and it should try plain Kerberos next.  That's assuming
that it didn't try Kerberos first and then fall-back to SPNEGO as an
alternative gss mechanism.  I'm also assuming that the gss
negotiation/retry code on the client is correct.  (And that it's
actually a gssapi problem as opposed to some fallout from an ssh
problem.)

----