Re: KRB5_CONFIG for "make check"

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 15:42 +0100, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2006-11-13 at 09:03 +0100, Harald Barth wrote:
> > Yes, sure, I don't understand what that has to do with EXAMPLE.COM which
> > comes in the way of Heimdal to correctly determine the local realm from
> > other mechanisms than a config file from anothet packet.

> If someone can hit me with a clue-by-four explaining the real problem,
> it'd be appreciated.  Thanks.

The problem is that this extends to the general case.  The default realm
on many systems is EXAMPLE.COM, as these systems ship with working krb5
libs, but no configurations has been performed.

It would be far better for such systems to ship without these defaults,
due to the support burden.  The suggested hack was to ignore all
settings for example.com, due to the wide install base of such 'example'
configuration files, sadly unmodified.

My particular issue has been solved by the use of the different realm in
the tests.

Andrew Bartlett

This is a digitally signed message part