database corruption

We have had the ipropd-master process die with the following error:

Assertion failed: tmp == *len, file log.c, line 748

The only work around I could come up with was to move the slave databases
out of the way and copy the database/log file from the master. This
allowed replication to continue from this point on.

This is running 0.7.1. Is there anything I can do to provide more
information about this and prevent it from happening again?

--
Eric Sturdivant
University of Maryland