Re: strange log event by kdc

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:16:16 -0300
"Gustavo Rios" <rios.gustavo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear gentleman,
>
> after setting up my kerberos server everything is working ok, but
> there are some strange log events everytime i try to get a ticket:

> 2007-03-12T14:14:59 TGS-REQ sioux@SSO.NET from IPv4:10.0.0.1 for
> krbtgt/UCS.UALBERTA.CA@SSO.NET
>
> Why does heimdal kdc try to obtain a krbtgt for other kdc realms than
> SSO.NET?

Well, the kdc doesn't try to obtain those tickets, it just explains
that it can't provide them. You client is trying to get the tickets as it
is configured as an afs client in the cell ualberta.ca

--
Björn Sandell               Chalmers University of Technology
IT Services       www.chalmers.se/its      +46 (0)31 772 1000