Re: Windows 2003 SP1, cross-domain trust

Chris Stromsoe wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>> Chris Stromsoe wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you may have gotten a 3DES key from the heimdal realm. AD
>> does not support 3DES, only RC4 and DES. This may be trying to get the
>> cross realm TGT.
>
> None of the principals have 3DES keys.  I had des-cbc-des and
> arcfour-hmac-md5 configured as keytypes for the cross-realm principal.
> I removed rc4 and that fixed everything.  My problem was getting the DC
> to use RC4 keys for the principal.  Updating the Support Tools on the DC
> fixed that.
>
>>> I am in the same position as this thread (same configuration
>>> elements, try to do the same thing), which did not seem to ever get
>>> resolved:
>>>
>>> http://www.stacken.kth.se/lists/heimdal-discuss/2006-03/msg00050.html
>>
>> His krb5.conf only has one realm listed. It has to have both the
>> Heimdal realm and the AD realm. The AD domain and the Kerberos realm
>> have to have different realm names. AD is a real Kerberos realm.
>
> Do you need both listed for a one-way trust (users in the Heimdal KDC,
> services in the AD KDC) ?  I only have the heimdal realm in krb5.conf,
> but am not having any problems logging in to the windows domain using
> heimdal principals.

Forgot that AD will publish DNS SRV records and Heimdal can locate
the KDC using DNS, i.e the dns_lookup_kdc option.  Sorry about that.

nslookup
set type=ANY
_kerberos._udp.realmname
_kerberos._tcp.reamlname

I see from here that you have two kdc, black and white.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory