Re: SSO (Kerberos), samba and windows XP desktop

As he says, you want Samba4.

"I don't do Windows (TM)"  However I think the login interface may
save your password for NTLM authentication, even if you log in to a
Kerberos Realm.

That said, if you use Samba4, then you can configure it to run in the
same Kerberos Realm that you set up for login.  You should be home
free at that point, with no passwords in Samba (and none needed).

Don't ask me how to do any of this.  I'm talking theory, not personal
experience.  ;-)