Re: Addressless tickets in 0.8.x

On May 22, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Brian May wrote:

>     Henry> Most home users I know have a $20(US) box connected to
> their DSL/
>     Henry> Cable-modem line that does NAT.  Putting addresses in
> the tickets
>     Henry> would effectively disable most home users.  I wish MIT
> defaulted to
>     Henry> false.  I wish Sun, MIT and Heimdal used the same name
> for this
>     Henry> option too.
>
> Unless they use the "--extra-addresses=" kinit option (I assume it
> still exists in 0.8.x?)

That could probably solve the most common cases, but not all of them,
even given savy users.  Also it isn't practical to combine with
integrated login.

I don't think there is a practical equivalent, except in limited
deployments.  More philosophically, an IP address is not suitable for
security decisions;  that's simply not it's function.