From: Love Hörnquist Åstrand <lha@kth.se>

To: heimdal-discuss@sics.se; Tom Hansen <hansentf@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:01:19 PM

Subject: Re: Changing signature algorithm

Hello Tom,

I thinks its one of the misuses of CMS in packet-cable. Its really

rsa-with-sha1, but it say in the AlgoritmIdentifier its bare-rsa.

Just checked the old code that supported packet-cable.

If you try the trunk I just added code for support of this. The

testcase test_cms exersices this code, specificly:

hxtool cms-create-sd --peer-alg=1.2.840.113549.1.1.1 --

certificate=FILE:cert.pem in-file out-file

Basicly it allocates an hx509_peer_info() and say that the client

only supports rsa and not rsa-with-sha1.

It needs adaption to the current pk-init code, but that shouldn't be

too hard.

Can you check if that solves your problem ?

Love