Re: krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_pkinit() API Help

> The specific problem I have is how do I prevent the command line
> prompt generated by this call.  I've traced it as far as
> _krb5_load_id(), but . . .
>
> I may not be asking the right list, because the prompt is "PIN code
> for SCR331 USB Smart Card Reader 0 0:".  It may be generated by the
> OpenSC pkcs11 library rather than Heimdal, but I still need to
> suppress it because my login module already has the PIN/password
> and already knows whether it's a PIN or a password before it enters
> the Kerberos code.
>
> Now I have some other questions about this module:
>
> What are the flags?  Zero seems to work for me, but why might it be
> 2 or some other value?

Zero is just fine. 2 is a hack to force encKey.

> Why is the prompter function a required argument, if it's not used?

Its used, the reason the p11 module doesn't read the password is to
avoid locking up the card. I didn't trust myself to get that right in
the first try
after killing two cards the same day in another codebase.

> Shouldn't there be a config option for the PK ID value (the -C
> argument to kinit)?  In my case it's an interface library for a
> card reader, it ought to default to some value for a given system.

There is, for kinit, but not for the library.

Love