Re: ksu

Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:

>>> Are you sure it have the suid bit set ?
>>
>> Yes I'm.
>
> su doesn't tell you what it think its wrong ? What is the error message ?

Apologize for the short answer but I was in a hurry. There is no error
message, ksu only prints "root's password:". Even it doesn't contact the
KDC.

Is it necessary to be in the group wheel? I saw it in the mail from
David. I'm using Ubuntu and there is no group wheel. David is also using
login/root@REALM.COM. I have only login@REALM.COM principal, could it be
the problem?

I've added my principal into /root/.k5login and set set uid bit on ksu
binary. Is it all?

Thanks for help.

Michal P.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature