Re: Microsoft PKINIT Question

Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Is the Microsoft NT-PRINCIPAL-NAME attribute case sensitive?

The non-realm part is case insensitive, we ran into problems with
uses with mixed case principal especially since the salt is case sensitive.
Users would always use lower case and AD would accept this. But Java
assumed it could derive the salt from the principal and would fail.

Looking at AD many of the userPrincipalNames also have lowercase realm names,
but ServicePrincipalNames don't appear to have the @realm at all.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory