Microsoft PKINIT Question

Is the Microsoft NT-PRINCIPAL-NAME attribute case sensitive?

I mean that question two ways:  1) Does a MS DC care (I'm guessing
not)?  2) Does Heimdal care (I'm guessing yes)?

I'm particularly concerned that a smart card might have a lower case
realm name in it and work fine with a DC, but not work with a Heimdal
KDC that uses the conventional upper case realm name.  (Both brands
of KDC have the same nominal realm name.  Don't ask how this can
happen in real life, but it can.)