Re: Kerberos and Load balancing

Ok,
We already have a working Kerberos realm (which is 5 years old and has been working fab) but we are in a upgrade mode and we would like to replace our software lb with hardware lb. Does anyone have any actual experience with this? There were problems with the lvs and Kerberos translation which broke the usability of the system and the lbnamed solved that problem. I am not  worried about the overloading of the systems it is for fault tolerance that I want to know about this stuff.

Thanks,
Annelise

>>> bacchi@rpi.edu 1/31/08 2:22:36 PM >>>
I agree with Henry that it's hard to overload a modern server.  I'm
doing over 1 million hits per day on my primary kdc and not having any
recurring problems.

You could simply create two versions of your krb5.conf file each with a
different primary kdc
kdc = server1
kdc = server2

-------------------

kdc = server2
kdc = server1

Then split the distribution to your clients.

--
veritatis simplex oratio est
        -Seneca

Andrew Bacchi