How to cross-compile

All,

I wanted to know if there is a better way to cross-compile Heimdal?

I am trying to compile on a Linux 2.6 Intel box for a PowerPC 2.6 box.	I set
the host and build correctly, but the problem I am running into is the
configure script is using the PowerPC compiler for building executables (such
as bits, make_roken, etc) for the PPC.	From my reading it sounds like these
should be built with the native intel compiler to generate code (header files)
for the PPC.

Is there an option to cause the configure script to use the native Intel
compiler for these items?

FuzzyH