Re: How to cross-compile

fuzzyhypothesis@yahoo.com a écrit :
> All,
>
> I wanted to know if there is a better way to cross-compile Heimdal?
>
> I am trying to compile on a Linux 2.6 Intel box for a PowerPC 2.6 box.	I set
> the host and build correctly, but the problem I am running into is the
> configure script is using the PowerPC compiler for building executables (such
> as bits, make_roken, etc) for the PPC.	From my reading it sounds like these
> should be built with the native intel compiler to generate code (header files)
> for the PPC.
>
> Is there an option to cause the configure script to use the native Intel
> compiler for these items?
./configure CC=/path/to/icc

But it's unlikely to produce binaries for another platform as the one it
is running on, unless you got a specific ppc-targeted intel native
compiler. Or if icc is multi-platform by default, contrarily to gcc
(never used it).

--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs