Re: heimdal 1.2rc2

This should be fixed by http://www.h5l.org/fisheye/changelog/heimdal/?cs=23151

>  All the Gentoo patches seem to apply; only one of them is my work,
> that to replace the last few calls to the deprecated openldap API in
> lib/hdb/hdb-ldap.c by calls to the new API. I haven't studied the
> others yet to understand why or if they are needed.

I thought I had fixed all of those, where can I find the the patches ?

>  I use a quick hack to build heimdal 1.2rc2 with libtool-1.5.26
> because libtool-2.2 or newer means problems for several other
> packages. The hack is to apply to the libtool script after configure:
> sed -i -e's/ECHO=/echo=/' libtool

You patch the configure.in/aclocal files in gentoo ? I want to use
more modern libtool because in general it improves my life.

>  I've recompiled the rest of my system against the new heimdal
> successfully with nfs-utils being the only exceptions. They require
> libgssglue (and librpcsecgss, which in turn requires libgssglue
> too), /usr/include/gssglue/gssapi/gssapi.h then takes precedence
> over /usr/include/gssapi/gssapi.h and thus gets in the way of
> heimdal includes. I have nfs-utils compiled after copying
>
> #ifndef BUILD_GSSAPI_LIB
> #if defined(_WIN32)
> #define GSSAPI_LIB_FUNCTION _stdcall __declspec(dllimport)
> #define GSSAPI_LIB_VARIABLE __declspec(dllimport)
> #else
> #define GSSAPI_LIB_FUNCTION
> #define GSSAPI_LIB_VARIABLE
> #endif
> #endif

Mixing multiple headerfiles for gssapi is an almost alway an disaster,
let me check if I can do this diffrently though.

> from heimdal's gssapi.h to gssapi_krb5.h too, but I'm affraid of
> more problems. Making heimdal-gssapi.pc impersonate the pkg-config
> file of libgssglue did not help straight away and probably will at
> least need a bit of patching of nfs-utils (although librpcsecgss
> compiled well against heimdal without libgssglue then).

Heimdal includes a gssglue functionallity (dlopen other gssapi
library, so this should work just fine with just heimdal).

Love