Re: smbk5pwd crash for missing symbol

Howard Chu a écrit :
> Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>> Love Hörnquist Åstrand a écrit :

>>> You can use the krb5_contex that is global in the module, just change
>>> the code to use context instead of kadm5_context.
>> Slightly better but I still can't access its members:
>> smbk5pwd.c:416: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>
> The kadm5_context.db field is already available as "db" in this module,
> there is no need to dereference anything else to get it.
>
> Looking at your patch, exactly duplicating all of _kadm5_set_keys'
> behavior is the wrong approach. The hdb entry being operated on will not
> get written back to any DB using the hdb APIs, so
> hdb_entry_set_pw_change_time()/hdb_entry_set_password() will not
> accomplish anything. If you want to support those features you have to
> create appropriate Modify subops for them to attach to the Modification
> that's being assembled. That also means retrieving the appropriate
> AttributeDescriptions corresponding to whatever LDAP attribute Heimdal
> normally uses to store those fields. Note that Heimdal's hdb-ldap.c
> doesn't actually touch any of the HDB_extension fields in the HDB entry,
> so hdb_entry_set_password() is futile anyway.
Well, I'm not wanting to support any fancy feature, I'm just trying to
make the plugin work as expected, by restoring previous behaviour.

>> According to my understanding, kadm_context type is a pointer to an
>> internally-defined krb5_context_data structure.
>>
>> Inlining private function is not straightforward, especially for dumb C
>> programmers :)
>
> It takes more than a basic understanding of C syntax to write code. You
> have to also take the time to understand the overall purpose of the code
> you're working with.
Sure. Next time I'll just complain loudly and wait for the solution
instead of trying to adress it myself.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs