Can Heimdal use the system sqlite3?

I'm looking at packaging Heimdal for Fedora, because I want to package
Samba4, and it is bad form to include a whole bundled library.

In doing so, I noticed that Heimdal includes sqlite3 as a bundled
library.  Is there any chance that this can be selected from the
operating system when available?

I'm no automake expert, so any advise would be appriciated.  The ideas I
had were to use the attached file from Samba (which we use to detect
sqlite), or a snippit like this into configure.in:

rk_TEST_PACKAGE(sqlite3,
[#include <sqlite3.h>
[-sqlite3],,,SQLITE3)

What I'm less clear on is how use this result to change the right link
flags etc.

Thanks in advance for any advise,

Andrew Bartlett
--