Re: Anyone with Fedora RPM packages already?

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 15:39 +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 June 2008 07:57:33 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I just wanted to check if anybody has any .spec files for Fedora already
> > built?
> >
> > I'm working on one using a spec from the OpenSUSE build farm, and the
> > Mandriva spec, but any further examples would be much appreciated.
>
> The Mandriva spec file should work if you are prepared to use the
> compatibility macros for Fedora/RedHat:
>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/uploads/3/38/Macros.mdk4rh
> (linked from:
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Projects/BackPorts#Building_Mandriva_SRPMS_on_other_distributions)
>
> The package builds on RHEL4 with these macros, I haven't got it building under
> RHEL5 (due to some compiler or glibc issue I haven't had enough time for, this
> is also preventing me from updating to 1.2 on cooker),
> but not due to the macros ...
>
> If you have problems, let me know, I am prepared to look at integrating any
> changes required for Fedora as long as they don't break it on Mandriva (so,
> some thing may have to be put in conditionals).

I'm looking at a more comprehensive rebuild of the package, more in line
with the krb5 package on Fedora, and skipping the telnet and similar
binaries.  I also need to stop Heimdal using rpath (forbidden on
Fedora), and a few other things.  I'll post it here and to you for
comment (when I have it passing rpmlint), and we can see if any bits can
be sync'ed up.

Andrew Bartlett

This is a digitally signed message part