Re: Anyone with Fedora RPM packages already?

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> Or, support only one of the conflicting libraries for development at one time,
>> and hope that the major versions of the runtime libraries don't ever
>> match ...
>>

> Which is, as I understand it, the approach that allows just this on
> debian all these years.

Correct. There use to be issues with different libraries having the same
name (e.g. from krb4) but fortunately all of these have gone away now.
There aren't any libraries that share the same name in Debian that I am
aware of, so conflicting major versions is not an issue.

Brian May