[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Linux strtok_r problem
I ran into some problems trying to run heimdal on my Linux box.
(Red Hat 5.1 Linux 2.0.34). kdc caused a segmentstation fault every time I
tried to use it. After much searching I found that there is a problem with
the version of strtok_r shipped with the system.
The configure script finds the system strtok_r and uses it. In order to fix
the problem I had to:
1) run configure
2) edit config.cache, changing the line strtok_r line from:
3) run configure again.
This ensures that the strtok_r that comes with heimdal is used instead.
Note that strtok_r is in string.h which comes from the glibc-devel package.
I'm using glibc-devel-2.0.7-13 which is what shipped with RedHat 5.1. There
may be a newer version that fixes this problem.
For those that are interested, here is the gdb backtrace that I used to
find the problem:
Starting program: /usr/heimdal/libexec/./kdc
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x4006ef52 in strtok_r ()
#0 0x4006ef52 in strtok_r ()
#1 0x8049c99 in parse_ports (str=0x8071452 "+") at connect.c:137
#2 0x8049e22 in init_sockets (desc=0xbffffb60) at connect.c:210
#3 0x804a70d in loop () at connect.c:530
#4 0x804da94 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc2c) at main.c:82
To everyone who has put so much hard work into this implementation.
Keith Burdis - MSc (Com Sci) - Rhodes University, South Africa
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
WWW : http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~keith/
IRC : Panthras JAPH
"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a perl script"