Re: Compilation error

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Murvai-Buzogany Laszlo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with compiling Heimdal on Solaris 7 on Sparc platform. I
> have BerkeleyDB 2.7.7 installed, and tried to compile Heimdal.
> The 'configure' script returned no error, I ran it after:
> export CPPFLAGS=-I/dir/of/BerkeleyDB/include
> export LDFLAGS=-L/dir/of/BerkeleyDB/lib
>
> It showed no broken dependencies. Though, when running make, I get the
> next error message:
> undefined symbol dbopen in libhdb.a(db.o). I don't know why this happens,
> since dbopen is a function implemented in db.h file, which is known to the
> configure script.
>
> Hope somebody has had any ideas concourning this.

Are you sure you didn't have a config.cache file lying about from before
you set LDFLAGS?  I had the same problem but then I removed config.cache
and reran configure and make and it found the library and linked it.

Graeme Wood                                 Email: Graeme.Wood@ucs.ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552