Re: Memory cache updates for Heimdal 0.2t

Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au> writes:
> Now, I am confused. If it doesn't use shared memory, what does it use?

Ordinary (dynamic) memory.

> What is the point of putting the ccache in non-shared memory?

Having a cache of this type is useful for example in login.  It can
use a memory ccache for verifying the password typed by the user and
does not have to create anything on disk until this is correct.

Now, having several of these, I'm not quite sure I see when it would
be useful.

/assar