Re: more issues

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> 1) In order to have a libcom_err compatible with AFS lib/com_err/com_err.c
> needs:
>
> void add_to_error_table(struct et_list *add) {
>   struct et_list *et = _et_list;
>
>   while (et) {
>       if (et->table->base == add->table->base)
>           return;
>       et = et->next;
>   }
>
>   add->next = _et_list;
>   _et_list = add;
> }

Ok.

> 2) I have an application which needs both Heimdal and OpenSSL; OpenSSL
> libcrypto and Heimdal libdes try to provide some of the same things; The
> des stuff is conflicting. For now I'm dealing by modifying the libcrypto
> to not include the duplicated stuff, but that's not a good general way to
> solve the problem. Suggestions?

We should be able to use libcrypto, and I think we can, don't know how
well the autoconf stuff works though. Assar?

> 3) setup.texi says:
> You should already have @samp{iprop/tcp} defined as 212, in your
> services.append says:
> iprop               2121/tcp           # incremental propagation

Fixed, thanks (this shows that someone is reading the documentation
:-)

> 4) We have a large number of machines in domains other than
> andrew.cmu.edu; Any suggestions for easing the short to long
> instance translation burden, other than having a huge translation
> table? If the hosts were expected to be stagnant it would be easier
> to handle; Can't reasonably use dns to fix the problem in the kdc,
> either.

If you set
[realms]
        ANDREW.CMU.EDU {
                v4_domains = andrew.cmu.edu whatever.com
        }

doesn't that do the trick?

/Johan