Re: roken merge

    Love> I have made changes to getarg too, there is not simple way
    Love> out of this. There are work in the pipe to solve the
    Love> problem.

    Love> To overall plan is to kick out arla's libroken and replace
    Love> it with heimdal's and keep track of it closer this time (and
    Love> not make any local changes).

I hope that one day in the future (and some of this is already be the
long term plan), that the "shared" shared libraries (eg com_err, des,
editline, roken, sl?, otp?) between the following applications:

- heimdal
- kerberos4kth
- MIT kerberos
- arla
+ any others that I might have missed, or future applications
that haven't been written yet.

can be standardised (perhaps with the help of openssl) and distributed
separately.

It would also make source code to each of this applications smaller
and easier to manage. eg consider how much simpler Heimdal's configure
script would be if it didn't have to process lib/roken/roken.h.in, but
could instead rely on an installed copy of roken.h, with the constants
already defined.

Having theses "shared" libraries separate would very much help with
packaging these programs (eg for Debian) in such a way that they can
be installed simultaneously. (I don't have time at the moment to go
into the details as to why this is the case).
--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>