Re: 0.3d on FreeBSD 4.2-Stable

GOMBAS Gabor wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 07:55:14AM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
> > FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE, of course, has OpenSSL integrated into the
> > distribution, but also keeps many historical headers and libraries
> > (mostly associated with -lmd).  On FreeBSD, at least, there should
> > not be any RNG issues as it provides /dev/[u]random.
>
> Then you are lucky. I have to support 3 operating systems: AIX, Solaris and
> Linux. Only Linux has /dev/random, so I have to deal with the lack of it.

Solaris does, in fact, have a /dev/[u]random. You must install
SUNWski, from the Solaris Easy Access CD-ROM (or something like
that). You may have to obtain that from Sun separately from the
Solaris base install disks.

SUNWski, BTW, is part of the Skipjack support and contains
things like /dev/random needed by the rest of the Skipjack
software.

> Gabor

Nico