Re: heimdal and OpenSSL

    Kurt> I would love to see -ldes go away (or minimally not clash
    Kurt> with other libraries providing same functionality).  That
    Kurt> would be one less library we'd have to untangle when linking
    Kurt> applications with OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASL, Heimdal, ....

I, too, would very much like to see -ldes go away, especially if its
functionality can be replaced be an already widely used alternative
(OpenSSL).  On my system other packages already use OpenSSL libraries:
including: apache, postfix (SSL versions), stunnel, and ssh.

I can only think of one potential problem: this will probably break
any existing application that is compiled based on Heimdal.  However,
I think all programs should now be changed to use krb5-config, so this
will no longer be a problem. (I assume MIT Kerberos has a krb5-config
that is compatible with the version in Heimdal?).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>