Re: readline, editline, sl and snprintf

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:56:54PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

> Sure Linux may support it (does the static archive need to contain PIC
> code, or does it somehow work even with non-PIC code?)

As far as I know PIC code is not needed. However, since non-PIC code has to
be relocated, it will no longer be shared between different processes. So
you pay for non-PIC code with more memory being used.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary