Re: Kerberos V and xdm

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 09:32:01AM +0200, GOMBAS Gabor wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:12:59AM -0700, David S. wrote:
>
> > There's no way to set a different
> > authentication policy via command line arguments or configuration files,
> > in the manner of PAM.  However, if anyone would like such facilities,
> > I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Since version 3.3.5 xdm includes PAM support. Why not just use it?

I tried using PAM and 'xdm' together, but I couldn't find a PAM Kerberos
module that worked with Heimdal.  The machine I'm typing this on is a
NetBSD 1.5.1 box using xdm, MIT Kerberos V, Linux PAM, and a slightly
modified pam_krb5 module from FreeBSD.  It all works together, but it's
kind of a jerry-rig.  I'm also not convinced that PAM is good idea,
either in general, or in Linux PAM's implementation.

David S.