Re: Kerberos V and xdm

On Wednesday, September 26, 2001 09:53:44 +0200, joda@pdc.kth.se wrote:
+----
| GOMBAS Gabor <gombasg@inf.elte.hu> writes:
|
| > Since version 3.3.5 xdm includes PAM support. Why not just use it?
|
| Because you're on a system that doesn't use PAM?
+--->8

Last time I checked, xdm's PAM "support" was seriously broken with respect
to Kerberos and AFS (ccache created for and owned by root, PAG created in
the daemon instead of the session leader --- the latter won't be noticeable
unless you use xdmcp).  On the other hand, this was not stock xdm, it was
someone's (Red Hat?) hack.

--
brandon s. allbery    [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator       [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu