Re: Kerberos V and xdm

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 06:01:02AM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> Tru64, AIX, ....
> (please don't suggest porting PAM; it's significantly weaker than the
> existing systems for both.  I personally wish PAM would be junked in favor
> of SIA.)

I don't know Tru64, but I'm sending this letter from an AIX box running
Linux-PAM :) And I do not think that the AIX Loadable Security
Authentication Module system would be better than PAM. It integrates more
functionality, but it has some big drawbacks (you cannot define different
authentication services for different applications).

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary