Re: Kerberos + PHP

Hi,
I had some "not too good" expirience on using apache with mod_PAM and
krb5.
On concurrent logins (more than one user at the same time) would sometimes
results in Failed/incorrect logins by apache.
I did not investigated the problem in detail, but I suspect that it is
related to the fact a process (or user) may not have more than 1 ticket
for the same realm, or maybe the PAM library is not completely thread
safe.
Well, now I use a different solution.
For webmail, I use the excellent squirrelmail (PHP) package, it is quite
complete and authenticates users against an IMAP server (Also does secure
IMAP). It also has modules to ensure that the user is
connected/authenticated over HTTPS. My IMAP server does plain login but
uses PAM/krb5 to authenticate the users.

Possibly you could find something similar for webnews..

Someone else (for a web conferencing application) I know uses the IMAP
support in PHP for authenticating users, that is the supplied username and
password are verified via a successful IMAP connection from PHP, which is
closed immediately.

Thanks
Clement Onime