RE: how to achieve what kinit does programmatically?

At 4:23 PM -0700 5/29/03, <Kent_Wu@trendmicro.com> wrote:
>	Thx for your info and I'll download the package from MIT and
>look into it. So is that true according to you this should be doable
>as long as I've downloaded the complete headers, doc's and library
>files from MIT?

If this is a MacOS X client then the headers and libraries are
already there (at least if you installed the developer tools).  Only
the doc's are missing.

>	BTW, I did enable the kerberos authentication with windows
>ADS(active directory service) by using SUN GSS-API and LDAP SDK,
>however as you said, I need to get TGT beforehand by using kinit.
>Right now I tried to do this part programmatically then here arose
>the issue.

Hmmm.  Did I skim over something I shouldn't have?  I thought the
client was a MacOS X box and you were trying to duplicate what you
could do with a windows client.  I know next to nothing about
windows.  If you look at the Heimdal installation docs there is a
section on windows (non-)compatibility.  That's as much as I know on
the subject.

Hope what I said was still applicable.