KDC not found even after connection was made

Hi all,

I ha the following problem:

heimdal utilities as kinit, kadmin, ktutil etc. are working well when
invoked on the same machine as kdc and kadmind run. I have copied the
m-key and krb5.config files to the future slave server. Now I should,
according to documentation, issue "ktutil get" command to create keytab
file with appropriate host entry on the slave. But it complains

ktutil: kadm5_create_principal(host/tao.natur.cuni.cz): unable to reach
any KDC in realm MYREALM.CZ

But in contrast to this, on the master I have in logfile:

2003-10-13T13:46:18 connection from IPv4:a.b.c.d

where a.b.c.d is the IP of the machine claiming it is unable to find KDC.
No more messages in logs.

My relevant krb5.config settings:

[logging]
default = FILE:/var/heimdal/krb5libs.log
kdc = FILE:/var/heimdal/krb5kdc.log
admin_server = FILE:/var/heimdal/kadmind.log

[ktutil]
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = false
        kdc = e.f.g.h

I do not use dns_lookup because I still concurently use krb4 and want not
to risk problems emerging from mixed krb4 and heimdal communication.

Do you have some ideas, what is wrong ? Could be the problem different
architecture (littleendian/bigendian) of both machines ? Or the ssl
version used (master - internal functions of heimdal, slave - openssl
0.9.7c) ?

Thanks in advance,

  David Komanek