Re: SEAM change password protocol different?

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> I'm guessing that SEAM uses a different change password protocol than
> MIT/Heimdal do.  One that is GSSAPI-based instead of "native".

I've just been trying to make this work too.  To start with, see the
`kpasswd_protocol' doc in krb5.conf(4).

However, setting that to SET_CHANGE still doesn't work against
Debian's Heimdal 0.4e KDC.  It says (on Solaris 8 or 9):

kpasswd: Cannot establish a session with the Kerberos administrative server for realm DL.AC.UK. Bad encryption type.

This seems as though it should be an FAQ, but I can't find any
references.  Unless anyone else knows the solution, I'll try to open a
support call on it sometime since the Solaris doc suggests it should
work (at least against MIT KDC).