Re: Login prompt when starting services after FreeBSD port install

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:17:04PM -0400, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 13:11, Thomas Nystrom wrote:
> > Check which 'su' command the scripts are using! Probably they are trying
> > to use an kerberized su and that one will try to get tickets for the new
> > user. You probably want to use the original /usr/bin/su.
> >

> Yes, this seems to be the problem. But since installing the FreeBSD port
> of Heimdal, the /usr/bin/su is no longer there, nor others like
> /usr/bin/login, etc. Do you know how I can get these back. I have posted
> to the FreeBSD ports list this morning, but no answer as of yet. The
> port seems to have installed Kerberized services in /usr/local/bin.

I don't believe the FreeBSD security/heimdal shouldn't have removed any
system files. I've been over the port Makefile, and I can't see anything
that would be doing that ... the whole idea of installing them in
/usr/local/ is to make sure they don't clobber the system files.

However .... check the contents of your /etc/make.conf. If you've
redefined the location of some of the "HOME" variables (like
HEIMDAL_HOME), that might be causing a problem.

-T

--
Belief gets in the way of learning.
	- Robert Heinlein