Re: map/alias username

Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org> writes:

> I was wondering if there was a way to map/alias a username to
> another one that's in kerberos.

Not at present. There's talk of something called referrals, where in
principle you could supply your email address (or something else), and
have the KDC look that up and transform it into a real principal. This
could in theory be used to map usernames.

One other way to do this is to have login (or xdm or whatever you use)
do the mapping.

Why do you want different names in passwd and kerberos?

> Is there a way I could map user01 to user02 so I could login with
> user01 using user02 password ?

If you add user02 to user01's .k5login, user02 may (for instance)
telnet into a machine as user01, but this is probably not what you
wanted.

/Johan