Re: MIT-Heimdal interop issues

I'm seeing a similar problem as reported below testing a heimdal client
with nfsv4.  I'm always getting a des-cbc-md4 session key which our
kernel code doesn't like.  Should these settings in /etc/krb5.conf (on
the client machine only) limit the enctypes requested in the TGS
request?  (This is using gssapi, heimdal client, MIT server, MIT 1.3.4
KDC)

 default_etypes = des-cbc-crc
 default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc
 default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
 default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc

The nfs server's keytab has only a des key.  The AS request has only
one enctype (des-cbc-crc), but the TGS request has six enctypes and the
session key always winds up being des-cbc-md4.

[kwc@rock gssapi]$ /usr/heimdal/bin/klist -v
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_20010_Y8C6kf
        Principal: kwc@CITI.UMICH.EDU
    Cache version: 4

Server: krbtgt/CITI.UMICH.EDU@CITI.UMICH.EDU
Ticket etype: des3-cbc-sha1, kvno 56
Session key: des
Auth time:  Jul 23 12:27:56 2004
End time:   Jul 27 16:27:56 2004
Renew till: Jul 30 12:27:56 2004
Ticket flags: renewable, initial
Addresses: IPv4:141.211.133.90

Server: nfs/screamer.citi.umich.edu@CITI.UMICH.EDU
Ticket etype: des-cbc-crc, kvno 4
Session key: des-cbc-md4
Auth time:  Jul 23 12:27:56 2004
Start time: Jul 23 12:28:09 2004
End time:   Jul 27 16:27:56 2004
Ticket flags: transited-policy-checked
Addresses: IPv4:141.211.133.90

[kwc@rock gssapi]$

Jul 23 13:11:19 AS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 141.211.133.90: ISSUE: authtime
1090602679, etypes {rep=1 tkt=16 ses=1}, kwc@CITI.UMICH.EDU for
krbtgt/CITI.UMICH.EDU@CITI.UMICH.EDU
Jul 23 13:11:25 TGS_REQ (6 etypes {16 5 23 3 2 1}) 141.211.133.90:
ISSUE: authtime 1090602679, etypes {rep=1 tkt=1 ses=2},
kwc@CITI.UMICH.EDU for nfs/screamer.citi.umich.edu@CITI.UMICH.EDU

Any suggestions?