Re: IPv6 disabled?

Love wrote:

>Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> writes:
>

>>    This seem to imply that IPv6 has been compiled into Heimdal, and
>>that the process is exiting or closing the connection due to this
>>error. Has anyone experienced this?
>>

>It implies that you kernel and libc returns ipv6 sockets when your
>application does getaddrinfo(..., AI_PASSIVE);
>
>And since some operating systems (linux among them) defaults to v4 mapped
>addresses, everything breaks.
>
>Why do you disable v6 support in heimdal ?
>
>Love

    Just because I'm not using it at all. Does this mean that enabling
IPv6 in both Heimdal and kernel would make everything work fine? Right
now I have taken out the IPv6 support from the kernel, and it seems that
everything is working fine (except for SASL/OpenLDAP that's not offering
GSSAPI authentication, but that would go to another thread if I'm not
able to solve it)

    About activating IPv6 both in kernel and Heimdal, I found a thread
dated Jun 19 where Torsten Kurbad told that kadmind would bind only to
IPv6 addresses and that was causing problems too
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.kerberos.heimdal.general/296)

    Thanks, best regards
    Jose