Re: multi-mechanism gssapi

Luke Howard wrote:
>> NCSA has a mechglue that addresses some of the same problems.
>>
>> http://grid.ncsa.uiuc.edu/gssapi-mechglue/
>

> A quick look at the code suggests that it isn't thread-safe,
> though, because it uses a global variable to check for
> reentrancy.
>
> Love: any thoughts on mechglue in Heimdal?

Mechglue does not belong *in* Heimdal, or any GSS implementation,
It needs to be separate. But all the mechanisms need to be aware
that they may be called by a mechglue.

If the problem is thread safty, maybe the NCSA version could be reworked.

The reentrancy problem is related to the original problem you where
having of the wrong gss_* routing being called vis the internal
version.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory