Re: Problems with unified heimdal/samba domain

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:45:56 +0100
Love <lha@stacken.kth.se> wrote:

> > The initializations I put in were to prevent junk pointers from getting
> > free()ed when hdb_free_entry is called.
>
> That was a side effect of you commenting out the first memset.

Ok, I see that ent.principal is used before the struct is cleared.

> I think that was because the the LDAP_message2entry failed to fail to fill
> in the mandatory field ent->principal, now it will fail then it can't fill
> it in.

Ok, I've compiled snapshot 20041213 and it no longer cores.

> Not keeping the check in is for the same reason strcmp or memcmp doesn't
> check their argument.

Fair enough.

> Also, can you tell me what the key is for the sambaNTPassword entry is
> after setting the password to "foo", without quotes using samba (not
> heimdal). Is it
>
> 	CAE856F738FD28EBAED534DBFA8700CC
>
> or
>
> 	AC8E657F83DF82BEEA5D43BDAF7800CC
>
> note the nibble order. I think Heimdal does the wrong order right now.

I get this:

	AC8E657F83DF82BEEA5D43BDAF7800CC

FWIW, this is on Linux x86, not FreeBSD -- I switched architectures to see
if that turned up any other bugs.

kinit still works using the password set via smbpasswd.

Jim